Studies and traineeships abroad
Studying or carrying out a traineeship abroad gives you valuable international experience, broadens your horizon and is a definite advantage in the job market. Students at UT Viljandi Culture Academy can study as exchange students in universities around the world through partnership agreements, international programmes (including Erasmus and Nordplus) and scholarships from governments and foundations.
As a student, you are advised by the International Relations Specialist, the Head of your Study Programme and the Programme Management Specialist.
You must complete at least 15 ECTS credits at the receiving institution. Start by discussing your studies abroad with the Academic Affairs Specialist of your study programme.
Where to go?
This is a question to discuss with the Head of your Study Programme and other lecturers who have personal contacts in many foreign schools and knowledge of the curricula. The UT Viljandi Culture Academy has many international partner schools to choose from and the University of Tartu has partners all over the world.
How to go?
International Relations Specialist Pauliina Perkkiö can help you with this question.
UT VCA main building room 225 (Mon-Thu)
mob +372 5300 2782
The most popular exchange programmes
- Erasmus+ studies in Europe, 3 to 12 months. From €540 to €600 per month, depending on the destination. Application period is open at the beginning of the spring semester, with a second round in early September.
- Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (Erasmus+ ICM). Exchange studies outside of the European Union. Scholarship of €700 per month plus a one-off travel allowance. Application round twice a year.
- Erasmus+ traineeships abroad, 2 to 6 months. Grant around €700 per month. There are no pre-agreements with the organizations, you have to find your job placement yourself. You can apply every month for the scholarship. This scholarship is also available for newly graduated students from 2 to 6 months.
- Nordplus Short-term mobility in the Nordic and Baltic countries – 5 days. The UT Viljandi Culture Academy is a member in several Nordplus networks. Studying at a Nordplus partner university is free of charge, you get a small financial contribution for transport and accommodation.
How to apply?
Fill your application in SoleMove, where you can log in with your University of Tartu username and password. All documents must be submitted in the SoleMove.
Documents required for application:
- application submitted in SoleMove;
- motivation letter in Estonian or English;
- transcript of records;
- certificate of foreign language skills.
Conditions for applicants
- To apply you must be a UT student (external students, visiting students, residents are not eligible)
- You must have successfully complete at least the first year of undergraduate or postgraduate studies before your exchange period starts. You may apply in the spring of the first year.
- You must ensure that the studies abroad fits into your study period at the Viljandi Culture Academy (including the transfer of your results from the institution abroad).
- Please note that studies at a single foreign university can last 3-12 months in a row.
- For the next academic year, applications can be submitted in February-March, and a second call for applications for the spring semester will take place in early September.
Attention! Please check the application requirements and deadlines for international students – they are different from those of the University of Tartu!
Follow the student newsletter for study abroad offers.